Friday, March 23

What An Experience

On Wednesday this week, one of my CF committee came to me when he saw me in the library and asked me if I was willing to do announcements for CF, well, I *secretly* wanted to do it since last year. I really though it would be *fun*[which wasn't really. You feel pressured you know. Every single word you say is being heard by, well, in my school, 300 students, or more?]. I didn't turn down his offer, of course, and he though I would be shaking on stage.

Just the following day, I had to make the announcement in front of the whole Form 1 and 2. Although I had to admit I was a little excited and all but inside, I was nervous. I didn't really let it show though[I'm just really good at hiding my feelings sometimes =) ]. I got one of my good buddies to accompany me up on stage[Wen Min]. It was much better with her on my side, because someone else didn't even want to stand beside me[well, you know who you are and you ought to feel bad for ditching your dear friend =P].

I actually had a paper to read from[well, of course] and I read it a few times through just to make sure I got all the pronunciation correctly. Well, I went on stage, look at my paper and read it all out. When I was halfway through,Wen Min asked me whether I switched on the mike I was speaking through. Then only did I realise that the whole time I was speaking through a mike that WASN'T even switched on[omg, so embarrassing]. After that, I quickly switched on the mike and apologised[I still have not a single idea why I said "sorry"] and finished my announcement.

I really THANK YOU Wen Min for being there, or not I would have say the whole announcement out and didn't really a thing. My apologies for being so insensitive. I didn't shake during the whole announcement alright Ivan Peh. I noticed that the stage is really hot. Like no fan and all.but HaHa. You were wrong. xP

Heart
Ee Laine

3 comments:

NinG said...

-first to comment- ^^

ok, thats not d point..
i just wanna tell u that...
hehehe...making announcements rock!
right, so i've been doing it since i was in form 1, but thats exactly how i became so 'famous'
seriously, d day i came to college and saw a bunch of CHS ppl i never knew, they would say 'hi' and 'u r d girl who always do announcements in CHS right?'

haha....... d ticket to fame?
hmmmm..
continue doing it in d favour of God!

wen min said...

hey...about the announcement that day..eventhough I wasn't talking but I was nervous..so scary!!
Anyway didn't regret accompany you up the stage.. =]

Laine =] said...

Ning.
LoL. Haha.. Not too bad la.. Hey, that's seirously cool.

Min.
Thank you so so so much! Couldn't have done it without you you know. *hugs*